Call for Nominations
NSS-CDS Board of Directors, 2018
The Cave Diving Section of the NSS (NSS-CDS) is seeking nominations for the 2018 Board of Directors election.
Qualifications: The Nomination Committee is seeking individuals with ambitions to lead the CDS into the future by actively working to advocate for the community and the caves in our charge, and to exemplify and promote the tenets of the NSS and NSS-CDS. Among the caving community, a candidate should encourage appreciation and respect for conservation, safety, and training standards. Involvement and familiarity with research and exploration projects is desirable among CDS leadership so that they may educate the public about underwater caves and cave diving. Experience is beneficial but not a pre-requisite – eligible CDS members who are passionate about caves and cave diving are encouraged to volunteer.
Eligibility: Candidates must be active, dues-paying NSS-CDS members for at least one year prior to nomination, and no board member may serve more than three consecutive terms.
After nomination, candidates will be asked to submit a platform statement that outlines their motivation to run for directorship, qualifications, and relevant experience.
- Nominations must be emailed to email@example.com by February 10, 2018.
- Platform statements are due by February 24, 2018.
- If there are enough candidates for an election, ballots will be sent via email on March 10, 2018.
- The last date to receive a ballot is May 5, 2018.
- Candidates will be notified of results on May 12, 2018.